APPLICATION FOR PLACEMENT OF GLASS BANKS
A glass bank is placed in areas where members of the community are able to easily access the bank and bring their glass for recycling.
- Glass banks are placed in locations around South Africa for public convenience.
- Glass Banks are emptied by an authorized service provider who removes the glass to be recycled
- Each glass bank holds approximately 1 800 bottles or 600kg when full
- Glass banks are available free of charge (subject to terms and conditions)
- Glass banks are made from recyclable material
Ideal locations for placement of glass banks:
- Schools and universities
- Large residential complexes and estates
- Service stations, malls, large retailers, restaurants
- Large office parks
- Community centers or places of worship
There are several criteria for the placement of a glass bank, these include:
- A suitable site and a willing site owner
- A local entrepreneur who is able to service and collect the glass
- Sufficient need to warrant a glass bank
Visibility and accessibility to the general public.
- The placement of a glass bank is subject to these criteria being met.
- If you are interested in placing a glass bank on your premises, please fill in an online application form below or click the “download form” button for a printable version and fax it to us: 011 463 4772